Sunday, June 29, 2008

Something delish!

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Bryce Canyon! We're gonna be there 2 days and have fun camping, hiking, taking pictures, all that fun stuff. I've never actually been there even though I live only about 4 hours away. I'll probably burn horribly, lol. Anyways, I thought I'd post a yummy recipe before I leave so that I can dream about making it when I get back. This trip is going to be tricky food wise, but I'm gonna make sure I have plenty of fresh fruit on hand, and maybe a couple pre-made salads. Still, I'm afraid the hotdogs and s'mores are gonna do me in! Must...resist...chocolate... Actually, my chocolate cravings are once again diminishing, because I find that carob completely satisfies me. So maybe it won't be as bad as I think. I've heard of such things as travel blenders that come with a cup so it's possible to have fresh smoothies on the road. Is that going too far?

Oh, I also wanted to share how excited I am over my new game Wii Fit. It's so fun, and cheaper than a gym membership (if you're lazy like me and don't like to leave the house much). You can do yoga, strength training, cardio, and balance exercises. It also keeps track of your weight and BMI, and helps you set goals. I'm going to play with it for a month and see if I improve any. Wii Sports is also very fun to play, and you can actually break a sweat if you get into it. I know it's hard to find a Wii, but it's worth it, even if one just uses it to improve their health! I am also doing my yoga dvds which I have been neglecting for far too long. I can't wait to feel like my spine is flexible and healthy again!

I found this recipe from The Daily Raw Cafe. It looks so unique and yummy!! This would be perfect as a dip for veggies, or if you're like me and love love love peas, you could probably just eat it with a spoon!

Sweet Pea Guacamole
3 cups fresh peas (or use a 20 ounce package of organic frozen peas, rinsed, defrosted and patted dry)
1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice of one lime
sea salt and pepper, to taste

1 Place peas, onion, jalapeno and garlic in food processor. Process until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.

2 Transfer into a bowl, stir in cilantro and lemon juice.

3 Season with sea salt and pepper.

No comments: