Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Plan

First off I wanted to say thanks to those of you (all 3 of you!) who still read my blog after all this time, it's so nice of you to!

As part of my plan to achieve my goals, and achieve my new mindset, I wrote down my strengths and weaknesses pertaining to food. This is so I know what to look out for, and what tools I have to help me. My weaknesses list is much longer than my strengths list, but I know over time this will become the opposite. A great tool that I have at my disposal is my journal. It's going to act as sort of my own personal therapist :). I think that when I start to have emotion driven cravings and disparaging thoughts that I can work through them by writing them down and analyzing them. As far as my food plan goes, there are a few goals that I want to be able to perfect by the end of this year, or sooner if possible!

1. 50% of calories raw. Since I am shooting for around 1400 cal/day, this means I will try to shoot for no more than 700 calories from cooked food. I know that this is a raw food blog, and I will continue to post raw food recipes, and talk about raw food, but I have also learned that a transition is necessary to attain a raw food lifestyle, and stick with it!

2. No deprivation! I am not going to deprive myself of cravings. I am going to indulge in what I want, but to a degree that allows me to keep loving myself afterwards! There is a difference between treating myself to a cookie, and hurting myself by eating the whole box! I'll also count these indulgences towards my cooked calorie count.

3. No feeling guilty. I won't even indulge the thought. Life is too short!

4. Remove temptations. I'll try to keep destructive foods out of my house, or at least out of reach.

5. Do some sort of exercise every day. No health plan is really complete without exercise! Mostly I do yoga and some aerobics dvds.

I would say I'm on "day 3" of my plan, but that does kinda sound like someday there will be an end to it, if days matter. So, let me just say that I am in the baby stages of my new "lifestyle". That sounds better to me :)

4 comments:

Kaytee said...

I bet you never knew I read your blog. You posted the link on myspace a long time ago and every once in a while I check in on you and your blog :)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much LESS we eat if we keep those destructive foods out of eyesight.

One thing I have done which has really helped me is that I started drinking loose leaf herbal teas every time I want to mindlessly graze. It cuts my actual calorie intake down by probably a good 20% while infusing my body with antioxidants and all sorts of stuff.

I love tea, though. I'm a huge tea addict and I drink it all the time anyway. You get a bigger benefit from loose leaf teas rather than pouched teas if that interests you. We get ours from The Tea Grotto in Sugarhouse. If you google them you can find their website.

Rachael said...

Sweet! Thanks for reading my blog Kaytee :P. Sarah, the tea thing is a good idea!

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

I totally agree! I drink this amazingly yummy herbal cinnamon spice tea all the time! Every time I feel like eating a bowl of ice cream! So awesome! And, I don't use boiling water, just hot tap water. My tea still steeps just fine!