Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Conquest

My goodness, it's been so hard for me to keep up to date on this blog lately! But I think I have the antidote. See, I'm starting to run out of things to say about raw food, but there are still plenty of amazing raw recipes out there to share, as well as "mostly raw" ones that are very healthy! There is a lot going on at my house too (well, a lot for me, which still isn't that much!), things that keep me preoccupied and away from the computer. So, I think I'd like to take this blog into a more expansive direction. I still want to write about raw food and recipes, but I want to also share other healthy recipes or ideas that I come across that might not be totally raw. I am going to extend it also to include exercise, home improvement stuff, pretty much anything interesting that promotes well-being and health. But mostly it will still be about food!

So this whole new outlook on food has really, truly helped me. I made myself accountable to God, which for me, is really the only thing that works every time. I went to Chuck-a-rama the other day, which was very risky for me since buffets + me = gluttony. But surprisingly you can even eat mostly raw at a buffet like Chuck-a-rama if you have the willpower! I had a giant salad with lots of veggies, and some beans, some fresh fruit, and some mashed potatoes for my "treat". It might seem like a waste of $11 for eating only that, but to me it was worth it, just because I can now say that I once conquered a buffet for probably the first time in my life. Sugar is usually my weakness, but strangely I didn't even crave the cakes or brownies or anything. It's easy to lose your taste for refined sugar when you train your tongue to be satisfied with natural sugar (like fruit)!




My flimsy little fruit bowl is a trooper.


1 comment:

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

Pretty fruit on a pretty counter! Look how shiny and yummy that looks! I love the pepper in front - looks way cool!