Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm a bum!

Yes, like the title of this post says, I have been a huge bum! So, my ankles are healed, good thing, it only turned out to be my tendons or ligaments that were strained. No fractures thank goodness! Still, I've been so bad about updating anything about myself, either on here, on facebook, emails...anything electronic I've been shunning lately! Mostly it's because I can't get on the computer most of the time, but I don't know what my aversion to it has been! Thus, I am a bum. But, the good thing is that about a week ago I started a program that my chiropractor suggested, and it seems to be going well! I really should have started blogging about it the first day! It's basically a program that helps rid your body of candida, which is a yeast that can build up in all people, and throw off your body's natural hormones and keep your body holding on to fat. So, this program is really interesting, and I am already seeing results. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever put myself on though! But you know what they say...no pain no gain! I guess!

So this program basically consists of a 5 week cleanse, with a special diet, and supplements, and additional cleansing methods. This past week, the 1st week of the program, I ate a diet consisting of plenty of vegetables, lentils, brown rice, eggs, and lean meats, plus olive and coconut oil. I can't have any processed food, fruit, grains, or dairy. The funny thing is, I am eating more raw food than I was before, because of all the vegetables! I can only have 1 serving of lentils or rice, and 1 serving of meat (which I hardly eat anyway) a day, so basically it's bring on the vegetables!! I actually feel very similar to how I felt when I was eating raw, but better because I'm giving my body a break from wheat and sugars, which I think it could use! What I did think would be the death of me though, were the supplements I have to take. I'm not a very good pill taker, but I've since become pro! I have to take 55 pills a day! They are all natural herbs, liquid calcium, omega 3, fiber pills, primrose oil, etc. It's gruelling! But, I definitely feel better when I do take them.

So, week 2 mostly consists of a 5 day master cleanse. Yes, the infamous master cleanse. It's really not so bad, I just finished day 1. Although, I guess we'll see how much worse it gets tomorrow! I drink 2 liters per day of a lemon juice (that's the only fruit allowed) and pure maple syrup and water mixture, lots of water, and continued supplements. It sounds like it wouldn't be healthy, but it can be when done in short spurts. I believe that fasting is very healthy for the body, the same with juice fasts and water fasts. I am actually seeing benefits already that I noticed when doing yoga. I noticed that I had a much better breath capacity, which is odd because I haven't been doing any strenuous exercise lately. I really believe that it's because my lungs are being cleansed, and are better utilizing the oxygen I'm taking in. I don't feel my lungs burning as bad when I hold my breath in or out, so I'm able to hold it for longer. Strange but true! I also had increased mental clarity when doing yoga, and I've been able to figure out some things that have been bothering me.

So, each week I also meet with my chiropractor, and they take my body reading, show me some exercises to do, and let me sit in the super hot sauna for 30 min. Next week I am going to get a lymphatic massage. I hope that it goes well! So as of 2 days ago I lost 4.1 lbs and lost 1.6% of my body fat. Let's hope that the scale is accurate :(

So, I will sincerely try not to be a technophobe and try to update each day on how I feel, and my progress!

No comments: