Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The REAL Day 2 of raw challenge!!

Wowzers, tonight I made the raw burritos from the video that's posted on this blog, and they were seriously so good I ate 4 of them!! I modified the salsa to my liking though, using just tomatoes, a bit of onion (I am slowly trying to learn to like them raw), and fresh parsley. I've decided parsley is a great alternative if you hate cilantro (like me). It gives food a nice flavor, reminicent of cilantro, but without the overpowering blast of kick in the face. I also used some black olives (which aren't really raw but oh well), and the mock cheese from the video (the miso makes it tasty!) and wrapped all it up in a giant romaine leaf (didn't use the cabbage). Mmm scrumptious! The only thing that would have made them better would be to add guacamole, and I couldn't because my avos aren't ripe. I've had some bad luck with avocados lately - either they're too ripe and nasty or too hard and green! These burritos were so good that I actually am FULL from them! I haven't really had that "full" feeling at all since I've been eating raw, but tonight it was like I ate too much before I realized how full I was, and then it hit me! Still, feeling full on veggies isn't such a crime eh?

So, I've been 100% raw (besides the olives and miso but seriously...i'm not THAT obsessive) for 2 days now, and I can tell you that I certainly feel a difference between being 100% and 90%. I wouldn't think that 10% makes a difference, but I have more energy than I did in January. I also have less cravings. Er..make that NO cravings, really...except for raw pizza! I want to start my dough but I haven't yet! It's amazing, so I'll see how I feel after 30 days and modify my diet accordingly. Today's fixins were:

apple
2 bananas
5 cookies
4 raw burritos

It doesn't seem like much but I ate a lot of nuts today, which are very filling, and I don't feel deprived of food at all.

Also, I shared some of my raw cookies with some co-workers and they ALL liked them! It was amazing, I felt so proud, lol. I feel sooo much happier today, which is a complete contrast to this past weekend. Oh, and I also resisted getting anything from Taco Bell when hubby stopped there, even though I was very tempted to buy some pinto beans in a cup to add to my burritos. I am happier now knowing that I stuck with 100% raw today. Well, more tomorrow!