Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Organic produce

Sorry it's been so ridiculously long since I've written anything of note! These past few days have not gone so well, but it's been a learning experience. Firstly, I am SO not prepared to be 100% raw until maybe Thursday, because I have no money! I have been surviving on free handouts from friends and cheap fruits like apples and oranges. On that note, I bought some organic produce today! I swear the prices at Good Earth were as low as Smith's, if not lower, and the fruit was much better quality. I can't really taste a difference in the apples and oranges (I do in the bananas though), but it's good to know that I don't have to bust my wallet just to eat healthier. Tomorrow is plasma center again, so I won't have any time before work to go shopping. I don't have time after either, since the store closes at 8 and I'm off at 9. Man, 1-9 is a crappola shift, it's like my whole day is gone. I guess I could get up at 7am and do stuff, but I am a night owl, so it's not happening!

I slipped up big time this morning, because for lunch I ate a large fries from Carl's Jr. Now that I think about it, it's total EEW, knowing what they put in those things. But when I'm late to work, I haven't eaten, and I have no food to bring with me, I feel like I have no choices and end up eating something crappy. And afterwards I payed the price big time! I felt so lethargic and lazy, and my stomach hurt bad. I have never once felt that way after eating anything raw. So, even though eating french fries is unhealthy, at least it showed me how my body reacts when I feed it such unnatural things, and that helps me learn.

I have my modest little shopping list that I calculated will make 8 yummy recipes, plus snacks, but I just haven't gone out and bought them, since it's the first of the month and >>rent<< is my highest priority right now (blah). So once I get my finances in order it's shopping time! Then I'll be able to update more, and post some more yummy raw recipes. I am amassing soooo many! The internet is such a great source, and people are so creative and willing to share! Someday soon I am going to compile a book of recipes that I can add to, so that I always have good ideas for meals. I need a week off or something to get my bearings, and time to do everything that I need to do. How can I expect to get my life in order when things are so chaotic around me? UGH, why do I have to spend all my time making money, which barely pays the bills anyway? Oh well, enough ranting! There will be something yummy posted soon, I promise!