Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 3 means pea soup!

Today I accomplished something that I don't think I've ever done before in my life. I got full off watermelon! The one that I bought was just so delicious that I ate a massive container of it! Then out of curiosity I looked up how many calories a whole watermelon has in it. Would you believe that a 15 in. watermelon has approx. 1355 calories? Holy! Which means that watermelon was meant to be shared! :) That's probably why God made them so huge :)

Still, I'm not really concerned about calories anymore. As long as I'm eating enough, and eating the healthiest food on the planet, then there is no need to count them really. Especially because it's almost impossible to overeat on fruits and vegetables. I will need to watch my intake of nuts and oils, but when eating a raw and living foods diet it would be hard to overdo it on those even. Unless I ate an entire coconut cake with tons of coconut oil, nuts, and dates. Holy saturated fat! The funny thing is though, even saturated fat is necessary for us, and when we eat a balanced diet nature doles out everything that we need in perfect proportions. Such a comforting, freeing feeling!

So anyway I have to talk about this "un-cookbook" that Austin bought me (he is a very supportive hubby, I'm so grateful!). It's called Raw, the Uncook Book by Juliano, and it's got some really awesome stuff in it. Well since I went on my little "I'm gonna eat rice and beans and bread rant" the other day I realized that I never actually tried sprouted rice or beans, or grains...so how do I know that I won't prefer them? I probably better try them before I spout off stupid stuff. Well, this book has a recipe for mango essene bread, and from the photo it looks sooo delish. If I could manage to make it, and it turned out decent, then I would totally eat that instead of "real" bread. Plus I could make it without the sweetness and use it for sandwiches and stuff. I really should make the recipe soon...if it's good I'll probably end up eating the whole loaf! Imagine mango bread with raw preserves or some almond butter....heavenly!

Well today I ate:

half a whole watermelon....oy it was good
a small salad
8 garlic croutons (oopsie)
a big bowl of pea soup

Let me just say, Alissa Cohen's pea soup turned out really good. Here is the recipe:

Pea Soup

2 1/2 C almond milk
2 C peas
1 small avocado
sea salt to taste

Throw everything in the blender and mix well.

I'm starting to like cold soups, even if this one did remind me of the exorcist. I was going to take a picture of it, but once again, my camera is dead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there.

It looks like you are doing well, Rachael. I just popped in to see your blog after a long time. I hope you are doing well.

- Sarah

Rachael said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for reading my blog! It's good to talk to you again. I hope you are doing well!