Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Officially Day 1

Alright, today was the first official day of my 30 day raw challenge! I did go buy some neato Rubbermaid containers and I got them for a good deal, but I'm still working on the whole cleaning my kitchen thing. I totally need to get a bunch of mason jars or something so I can keep all my dry goods (like nuts/seeds/grains etc) organized and readily available. I wish I had more counter space!! When I get my own house I am totally customizing my kitchen! Think how much space would be available in a raw kitchen with no stove or microwave. I could fill the space with sprouting racks and 3 VitaMixs so I could make tons of raw dishes simultaneously :P...in my raw dreams of course....

So anyway today I bought enough yummy stuff to make lots of soups and salads. I love getting good deals on avocados! Also I got a whole watermelon for around $2.50 which will make for some tasty eatins. I estimate that I got enough food for about 2 days and it cost about $15. So that means $2.50 per meal, which ain't too shabby. I guess eating healthy really isn't as expensive as people make it out to be. Sure I could get a cheeseburger and fries at McDonalds for $2.50, but I could also make a yummy pea soup and avocado salad for the same price. I guess when it comes down to it it's all about putting the time and effort into making nutritious meals rather than grabbing an insta-meal of toxic fats and craptastic chemicals.


Creepy Ronald gives a big thumbs up to healthy food! Just don't stare into his beady eyes or they will consume your soul.

Anywhoo, after all this food talk it's funny to note that all I ate today was:

3 bananas
a TON of frozen grapes
some Ruby red grapefruit juice (not raw I know, but the machine was out of water!)

I find that when I switch overnight from eating SAD to raw I don't end up very hungry for the first week or so. I think it's because my body still has a lot of stored energy that it needs to use up. Then after awhile the hunger hits me hard and I end up eating A LOT. And, I'm sad to say this because it kinda grosses me out, but last night I ate one of those steakhouse burgers from Burger King, and I am probably still digesting it. That thing was a monster, and I can't believe I ate the whole thing. I need to learn that just because I get something for free doesn't mean that I should eat it. I find myself saying that very phrase "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" a lot, and I hope that the next time I say that it will mean that I just ate an entire raw chocolate pie or something instead of a greasy pizza :). Tomorrow is a new day! I'm gonna try to get some exercise in!

No comments: