Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 1 of September raw challenge!

Alright, so I decided to do another 30 day raw challenge and just start over completely and new. However, today was not the best day to do it, lol. I've realized that there is no way that I can follow this diet if - a. my kitchen is disorganized, and b. I don't have any tupperware or anything to bring along my raw food with me. So....tomorrow morning I'm going out to buy some containers so that I can actually bring lunch/dinner to work with me! And also tomorrow I'm completely cleaning my kitchen so that I have space to work and create. I HATE my kitchen, maybe that's why I don't clean it? I would sell my soul for a dishwasher, or even cabinets that close all the way and don't have spiders in them >: Ugh, I can't wait until I can afford my own house so I can get out of the dump I live in!


I've noticed that my living surroundings are really affecting my moods and abilities to succeed. I think that if we want positive energy we need to make the area around us exude positive energy, otherwise it will only bring us down. I certainly feel really blah because of the place I live in. There is hardly any light/windows, it's stuffy, and we have a spider problem. I'm greatful at least that I have shelter and a place to call my own, but sometimes I feel like I'd rather live in a treehouse or a tent than a basement. However, I've been reading a lot about sunshine, and I've decided that my mood will probably greatly improve if I can just get about 20-30 minutes of sunshine per day. Whether it's taking a walk, riding my bike, or just laying out, the positive effects should be enough to get me through spending the rest of my day indoors.


Today was also a gorgeous day. It started off rainy and ended up with super clear skies and sunny, yet slightly chilly. It was as if I could feel the onset of fall coming. I absolutely love fall, it makes me so happy! For some reason my moods are very closely linked with the weather, and my memories too. If I could have 1 practical superpower it would be to control the weather (aside from manipulating time of course :P)...however I sure wouldn't tell, else people would know why winter ceased to exist (global warming?). Well enough of my blather, I'm sure tomorrow will be a better raw day. I'm going to start writing down what I eat, because that's what I did when I first went raw and it seemed to help. It also gave me a sense of accountability. Wish me luck!

No comments: