Friday, January 11, 2008

Chocolate Turtles

Wow I am actually up early today. Actually, I woke up not tired around 7:45, but lay in bed for awhile because my mind hasn't decided that 7:45 is "decent" yet. It's like I couldn't believe that I wasn't tired. I've been able to fall asleep a lot faster lately, and wake up easier. Anyway, I promised I'd post a recipe! The chocolate turtles are yummy, they were just very sticky.



Chocolate Turtles

1/2 C carob powder (i suppose you could use cacao too)
1 C raw honey
1/8 tsp vanilla (or more if you like the vanilla taste)
2 C walnut pieces

Mix the carob, honey, and vanilla together in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the walnuts until well coated with the carob-honey mixture. Place spoonfuls of the combination onto Teflex sheets (or wax paper or cellophane) on top of a mesh dehydrator screen. Dehydrate for 24 hours at 105 degrees. You may have to place in freezer to cool so you can peel them off without them being too sticky.

If you have an extra mixture, feel free to drizzle it over some apples or other fruit! It's so good you'll feel like you're cheating...but you're not!