Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A weak day

Today I woke up feeling very weak and kind of nauseous. My heart is racing every time I even walk across the room, and when I tried to eat my orange I could only eat half of it. This same thing happened to me around the same time (2 weeks in) when I last went raw for a month. It's like I am repeating the pattern. I believe it comes from not eating very much lately. I have probably been taking in around 500-700 calories per day, for the past week, which is about half of what I need...but the odd thing is, I don't feel hungry at all. If my predictions prove right, however, then tomorrow I will be famished. When I look back on my old food journal, I was doing the same thing before; not eating a lot, not being hungry, then having a weak day where all I wanted to do was rest, then starting to feel much hungrier and eat normally. I wrote down a big shopping list of essentials that I can eat every day, as well as enough stuff to create at least 7 raw recipes for this coming week. I can't wait to make my raw pizza!! I am going to start adding in a lot more nuts and seeds, and other oils, so I can make up my calories that way (since fruits and veggies don't offer many). I was supposed to go to the plasma center today, but I get tired and weak as it is after I donate, so I knew to donate today would not be a smart choice. I was going to measure myself today, but couldn't find the tape measurer, so I'll do that tomorrow, along with the PC. Well, I'm off to Carlos' Produce to see what I can find there. I wonder if they have any organic produce? I am sooo craving cherries! However, I think that to buy fruit in season will not only save me tons of money, but also assure me better quality. I have been researching farmer's markets around here too, but they are mostly seasonal, July-Oct or so. Adios for now!

An update....I felt much better later in the day. I need to start eating a lot more!