Sunday, January 13, 2008

I feel blah

I feel very blah today. I woke up with a stuffy nose, and a sore throat. I don't know if it's because I just have allergies, or if it was because I ate like 100% cooked yesterday. I did ok until my hubby and his friend ordered Papa Johns, and I had just HAD to have 1 bread stick. But of course, 1 bread stick turned into 3, and then I had to eat a piece of pizza just cause, and some chicken wings (because I didn't want them to go to waste). Why is it that with cooked food I can just eat and eat and eat, but with raw I get filled up so fast? I'm not really mad at myself because of the food I ate, more like why I ate it. I didn't really need it, I wasn't that hungry even. I've decided food is seriously almost a drug to me. If it's there, in front of me, I have a really hard time resisting...it's almost impossible at this point. Then once I start I can't stop. It's weird because, take for instance the chicken wings...I wasn't craving them, I didn't particularly want them, but it was almost like my body was telling me I had to have them. It's not like this with raw food though, which is part of the reason why I think it's so good for me. I have a destructive relationship with cooked food, but a healthy one with raw. I am hoping that eating mostly raw will help me get over my destructive relationship, so that I can eat some cooked food once in awhile with self control, and a clear head. Oh well I am going to the store again today to buy some fresh food for the coming days, so I'll be prepared and ready the next time pizza comes my way!
It's another day, another chance at a clean start and good choices!