Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ugh, snow!

Today is not a fun day so far. I planned to wake up around 9:00, make a couple yummy raw dishes to take with me today, and do some yoga. But, last night I stayed up much too late reading Shazzie's food diaries, lol. Then I dreamed I went to England and saw her house with the messed up lawn that her neighbor mowed accidentally (I'm sure it was somewhere in that journal). And my cousin Rebecca was there too, for some odd reason. I also dreamed that I went clothes shopping in England but there was nothing cute and all the sizes were measured in "stones" lol! So, I slept in much too late, and I only have 1 hour before I have to leave for work, so I have nothing prepared and no time to do yoga. To top it off, it's freaking SNOWING like a mother outside.

The weatherman grossly underestimated this storm. He said it was supposed to stop at 5:00AM, but it's 11:00 now and it's still going strong. The roads are horrible, the weather is horrible, I feel like doing absolutely nothing. I don't even feel hungry. I hate snow , I honestly do. Ok, so it's good for about 1 week, the week of Christmas, then after that there really is no point. Last year I self diagnosed myself (I have all the symptoms, why go to a doctor?) with SAD - seasonal affective disorder. I am 99.9% sure I have it. It's better this year than it was last year however. It is the lack of sunlight that just totally saps my energy. My house is always a mess in the winter, it sucks, but I can only clean for short intervals before I get exhausted. Even eating raw isn't helping me a lot so far in this department (but it's only been 1 week so...). I know Austin would never want to move some place where it didn't snow, he loves it for some bizarre reason. I guess it was the fact that I grew up in California, and all my best, happiest memories are from my childhood. I was outside a lot and I think I've learned to associate happiness with the sun. In fact, weather is pretty much the #1 factor that effects my mood. A week ago or so it was really warm for 1 day, like 40 degrees. The wind was blowing and the sun was out...I felt elated that day, like I was on a serotonin buzz! I was happier than I'd been the past month. Most of the time during the winter I feel flatlined, I feel nothing. My mood is neither happy or sad, just nothing. Then, when I start to get the first whiff of spring, I feel my soul come alive again! Only a couple more months...

Anywho, on a side note I made some chocolate turtles last night, so they should be done dehydrating tonight! I had some extra mixture and I didn't want to start another tray so I just drizzled some chocolate over my precious Jonagold apple (the tastiest, juciest apple in the world), and made my own fruit and walnut salad! Eat that McDonalds...you with your bitter dry apples, and candied cooked walnuts...meh! Needless to say it was quite sweet and I could only eat half of it. My sweet tooth must be diminishing, yay! I'll put up some pics and a recipe tonight.