Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Dehydrator

So I used my dehydrator for the first time today. I made salt and vinegar potato chips, and onion rings. The potato chips would have been better if I hadn't used so much vinegar, and if I had sliced them thinner, but they weren't SO bad. I haven't tried my crispy onions yet, I am going to save them for salads. I have so many yummy things I can make, but not much money right now, so my budget is squeezed. Lately, like tonight, I have had insomnia. As I lay in bed all I can think about are raw food creations, it's really odd. Like I am craving good food. Tonight I couldn't stop thinking of watermelon/mango soup. I am also craving a salad made of sliced oranges, raisins, carrots, apples and pineapples, with apple nut cream. Yum! So, this sounds kinda pathetic, but I figured I should make a list of all the things that are "wrong" with me, so that I'll know how to make myself better. Thankfully it's not a very long or serious list, but some of the things have a potential to progress badly if left unchecked. I won't share this list though, for fear of TMI!

I think that right now most of the bad things about me are psychological, especially anxiety. I have learned to control the attacks, but it still runs my life in a lot of ways. I have heard many people say that a change in diet has changed their mental as well as physical health. I hope that it will for me! On the plus side I have a strong immune system, and strong muscles and bones, and I know that I can be healed quickly if I give my body what it needs. As the weeks go along I will observe how I feel and see if any of these "bad" things go away. The last time I tried eating this way for 1 month I felt that many of them did. Well, I'll keep you updated if anything actually interesting happens!

Trees are Celestial!