Monday, January 14, 2008

My thyroid

So I was doing yoga today, and they have some specific exercises that are supposed to stimulate your thyroid, and help balance out your metabolism. At first I thought, "ok, whatever, they are probably just saying that", but then after doing them I could feel the glands in my neck getting a little sore, like they were swelling! When that happens it means your glands are too toxic and are releasing junk. Yoga says that your glands are the guardians of your physical and mental health, and I really believe that. They also have specific exercises that help cleanse the liver and kidneys. I was skeptical about that too, but since I felt immediate results from the thyroid exercises I can only assume those ones work as well. In fact, a clean liver is the key to beautiful skin, and my skin always looks more glowy after I do yoga (not flushed), and I often have to pee, which maybe means my kidneys are releasing junk? Who knows. All I do know is that I feel sooo good after doing yoga, and feel strong and poised. The kind of yoga I do, kundalini, relies on breath techniques to cleanse the blood. I feel like kundalini yoga and raw food are the perfect match, because they are each so cleansing, and they magnify each other when combined. I like to say that my yoga "teachers" are my DVDs, since I've never actually taken a class (I prob should), and my absolute favorite DVDs are the ones by Ravi Singh and Ana Bret. Check them out on Amazon! They get consistent 5 star reviews, and the DVDs are so fun that you'll want to collect them all. My favorite is Yoga Beauty Body, which is geared toward women.
Sometimes this makes me feel so happy that I get teary eyed. I know, sounds lame, but it's true! This is the DVD that made me feel like I was floating once, lol. If I had lots o' money I'd buy all their DVDs and rotate them. I have 4 so far but I want to add more! :)