Friday, January 4, 2008

Food

I got enough food tonight to be about 98% raw this weekend. Going to try to make corn tortillas (so I can make burritos) and lime pepper crackers in my dehydrator. Can't wait! I also discovered that I can buy organic food at Smith's. Although, there isn't much of a selection, so I'll probably have to go to Good Earth for most things. Right now I am not eating organic however, because I am short on funds. Tomorrow I'll compare some of the prices at GE to what I payed at Smith's today for my supermarket produce. I know I should eat organic, so I might have to just budget that in. I can certainly taste a difference. I hope that GE sells raw buckwheat, but I'm not sure if they do. I hope they sell raw flax seeds! Two appliances I am saving up for are a spiral slicer, and a coffee grinder (for seeds). I also really wish I had enough to buy a juicer...someday! If I can convince my hubby that I am serious about raw food, then he might even let me buy a VitaMix for next Christmas. Maybe even for my birthday. We'll see!