Friday, January 11, 2008

So yesterday...

So, yesterday I got an OK at the plasma center. I am amazed! I have been eating an essentially vegan diet for 1 week now and my protein and iron weren't even low. Afterwards though, I chose a not so healthy bag of potato chips to eat. I could only make it to 7-11 before work so I didn't have many choices. I guess a convenience store is "convenient" only for junk! Why can't fruit be more convenient? I thought the quick rise in blood sugar from the potatoes would keep me from feeling dizzy afterwards, but I got dizzy anyway. I'm sure an apple would have been better. Oh well, I drank some juice too and felt better.

I have noticed that the puffiness under my eyes is starting to smooth out. This has been my #1 aging concern because all the women on my mom's side got really puffy eyes, and all of them had surgery to fix it. I will never get plastic surgery on my face (unless of course I got maimed and disfigured), but I also don't want to look older than I am. I think part of this diminishing puffiness is due to less sodium intake. I also use an eye cream from Aloette (my FAVE skincare system) which has a lot of aloe in it to help with swelling. Maybe when I start to lose fat in my face I will lose it from my eyes too? Lol. Still, I think a big part of it is genetics. Once again, I am finding that (and this also happened when I went raw for a month awhile back) my teeth and gums look so much better. This sounds gross but at the end of the day I hardly have any plaque on them at all. They also seem whiter. Because of this I have started brushing more often and flossing every night. If my teeth look nice I should probably be ensuring their health as well. I used to use Listerine a lot, but I heard that the mouth can actually get more germy because Listerine kills 99.9% of good and bad bacteria. If that .1% left just happens to be bad bacteria, there will be nothing to stop it's growth.

My mood is lifted today also, despite the fact that we had the biggest snowstorm of the winter 2 nights ago, so I'm grateful to feel happy. I also lost 4 lbs. since last time I donated at the PC. I am not too concerned with this week's sudden, rapid weight loss, because for one, most of it is probably water weight, and for two, I have been yo-yoing with the same 30 lbs. or so for the past few years, so my body loses it fast (but gains it back fast as well). The last 10-15 lbs. I'm sure will be much more stubborn. But hey, as long as I can get down to my ideal size of 3-5 I won't pay much heed to my weight. After all, I hope to get more muscular with yoga and muscle weighs more than fat..