Monday, January 7, 2008

Withdrawal

So either my cooked food withdrawal symptoms haven't hit me yet, or I've transitioned very easily this time around! I haven't even felt tired. There was only one night, while I was sleeping, that I had a splitting headache, probably from lack of sugar. I knew I had a headache because I kept waking up slightly and it felt like someone had just hit me over the head with a hammer. When I woke up it was gone...good timing eh?! So, that's really the only symptom I've felt so far. I haven't even had any strong cravings like I did the first go. No more desire for chili cheese dogs or onion rings, although I did crave a cupcake for about 2 minutes last night. I think part of what is making this transition easier is that I am not going 100% raw like I was last time. I'm just not stressing as much about it. If someday I could get to 100% that would be great, but until then I'm just going to do my best and eat the best foods possible. I also am not super rich right now, so I can't get down on myself if I can't buy expensive things like raw honey, lots of raw nuts, or cacao powder. I bought some vanilla almond milk in a box, because I can't afford to make my own almond milk...it's probably not raw, but ya know, at least it's better than cow's milk! Breakfast today was a banana carob shake..yum!! Here's how ya make one:

One ripe banana (the sweeter the yummier)
One cup vanilla almond milk (or reg)
As much raw carob powder as desired (I sprinkled in prob 1 TBS)

Blend and drink immediately! This tastes like a banana split in a glass!

I also did yoga today again, it's been months! I really shouldn't ever wait that long in between workouts, because yoga really is a work in progress and my muscles tend to tighten up really fast if I stop. Still, that is what I love about yoga...it's an exercise that compares you and your progress to no one but you. It's really a lifetime goal to just get stronger and more flexible. I forgot how good it makes me feel inside. I know this sounds cheesy but sometimes it makes me teary eyed because I feel so happy! So, once again I am going to try to do yoga every morning before work, because the benefits are just too good to pass up.

Here is lunch!! Raw corn chowder and lime pepper crackers (taken from Ms. Cohen's book)

The crackers are very tart and yummy! A little too thin though, I will know better next time.